Emergency Management Intern
May 2011 – August 2011
- Developed an information briefing and equipment list for the addition of backup emergency communication at the new Scottsdale Emergency Operations Center.
- Received a five-star intern evaluation.
- Self taught myself technical information to complete the briefing.
- Jointly presented a community preparedness class to a group of citizens, serving as an introduction to real world public speaking.
- Performed daily office tasks and attended Emergency Operations Center collaboration meetings with subject matter experts.
- “People don’t do what they are told to do; they do what they are trained to do.”