Evaluation of Host Family Networks as Transitional Housing for Disaster Victims
August 2013 – May 2014
- Conducted an extensive literature review on the current policies of the FEMA Individuals and Household Program to evaluate the benefits of host families and develop operational characteristics for their use.
- Created a cost-analysis of a host family arrangement versus FEMA transitional housing during Katrina.
- Evaluated risks and developed proposal principles to mitigate liability.
- Interviewed high-ranked individuals from United Way, the Arizona Department of Emergency Management, CouchSurfing, and MoveOn.
- Advanced my proficiency in workload management, verbal presentation, and research.